BOLD – UNIQUE – ORIGINAL
Make Your Own Jewellery At Karen’s Community Workshops
Enjoy a day with your friends learning a new skill whilst making yourself a beautiful new piece of jewellery.
I absolutely love my community workshops – these are workshops that I bring to you and your community. They can be held in community houses, art spaces, halls etc – minimum workshop size is 6 people , maximum number is 8. I bring along all the equipment and materials you will need to make your own piece of jewellery in a one day workshop. Working in sterling silver, copper and or brass, the following workshops are available:
– you will make a pair of earrings or a pendant in this workshop while learning the basic skills of silversmithing – saw piercing, annealing, texturing, shaping etc.
COST: $170 per person. (silver cost included in price)
BEGINNERS HAPPY SNAPS GALLERY
Found Objects Workshop:
– This is a one day workshop using found objects such as stones, feathers, seeds etc that you might come across which can be used along with precious or semi-precious metals to make into a beautiful piece of jewellery.
COST: $170 per person (there may be a small increase dependent on venue cost.)
FOUND OBJECTS HAPPY SNAPS GALLERY
Ring Making Workshop:
– you will make a ring while learning how to size the ring, shape, texture, solder through to the final polish. At the end of the session you will have a beautiful new ring of sterling silver that you can wear with pride knowing that you made it yourself.
COST: $190 per person (there may be a small increase dependent on venue cost.)
- Each workshop runs around 6 hrs
- No experience necessary
- Design and create your own piece of jewellery with the help of an experienced gold and silversmith.
- You will be guided through all skills you will need to make your idea come to life.
- All materials and required tools are supplied.
- NOTE: Victoria, Australia only
Minimum age – 18
“Karen was a fantastic teacher in our silver jewellery workshop. She had clear instructions and was patient and encouraging in helping us create our designs. I’m very much looking forward to another class with Karen..”
I had a great time at Karens workshop, lovely atmosphere, great teacher, she really knows her stuff. The beginners class was a great place to start and Karen was very patient! I will be signing up for another class. Thank you
” Love the opportunity to join your classes Karen, you are such a special talent.”
Such a fab day. You always make it look so easy. Can’t wait till you come back next year
This was a wonderful workshop with Karen. She is a gifted teacher and the six hours flew by. We all ended up with beautiful earrings or a necklace. I am so happy with my silver earrings. Karen was enormously well equipped with everything we needed to make sterling silver jewellery. I would highly recommend this workshop. We were all beginners in our group.
This workshop was great fun and I came home with some lovely silver earrings having spent the day in great company. Karen is a patient and intuitive instructor. I’d love to do another workshop one day.
Thank-you Karen, I had an excellent day and learned a lot. Your patience and teaching did assist in making it good fun and productive. I hope to be able to come and join another of your classes