TYPES OF CLASSES
Jewellery making classes are held in my studio in Warncoort. My studio is a small but fully equipped, professional space. As I can accommodate up to 2 students at a time, you may get my undivided attention or share with another student … maybe you could bring a friend along to join in the fun. There are two separate work benches so you will have your own space to work in, in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Classes currently offered include:
5 weeks x 2 hr sessions $300.00 (available times & dates to be advised on contact)
- You will learn the basic steps of jewellery making using copper sheet and sterling silver wire
- Everything you need to be able to make simple rings, earrings, pendants
- All materials and required tools are supplied
- Option of purchasing sterling silver sheet (additional to class cost)
- Minimum age – 18
Ring Making Classes:
4 weeks x 2 hr sessions $265.00 (available times & dates to be advised on contact)
- Ideal for beginners – no experience necessary or those with some experience wanting to learn more
- Create your own ring design or make one similar to examples shown in the class
- You will be guided through all skills you will need to make a ring
- All materials and required tools are supplied including a set amount of silver, copper or brass for embellishment.
- You could also bring some old jewellery to be melted down where possible to include in your masterpiece.
- You should be able to produce two rings of your own design
- Minimum age – 18
Make Your Own Wedding Ring Classes:
6 weeks x 2 hr sessions (Cost, available times & dates to be advised on contact)
- No experience necessary
- Design and create your own wedding rings with the help of an experienced gold and silversmith.
- You will be guided through all skills you will need to make your rings
- All materials and required tools are supplied. Due to the nature and importance to you of the wedding rings you will make, materials will be quoted on after a meeting where we can discuss design elements including what materials you wish to use (eg: Silver, Sterling Silver, Gold)
- You could also bring some old heirloom jewellery to be melted down where possible to incorporate in your wedding rings.
Minimum age – 18